Civic Voice’s Ian Harvey will be joining a panel in London next week to discuss the future of Peckham’s conservation areas and we want your thoughts on some of the questions being posed to the panel!
Speakers for the evening include:
- Simon Bevan, Director of Housing, Southwark Council
- Ian Harvey, Executive Director of Civic Voice
- Claire Hegarty, Chair of Peckham Heritage Regeneration Partnership.
This public meeting will be opportunity to explore a range of questions including:
- What are Conservation Areas? How do they protect our historic built environments?
- What pressures are Conservation Areas facing? Can they fail?
- What does positive and negative change look and feel like?
- How is quality of design evaluated? What is exceptional design?
- What is an example of a well managed Conservation Area, and what is an example of a badly managed Conservation Area?
- Is there any point in objecting to planning applications; in particular how could the Conservation Area Management Plan be more meaningful, or is it entirely irrelevant?
Please do share any thoughts you have on the questions above as we will be sure to highlight many examples of successful conservation areas across the country to email@example.com.